Monday, July 5, 2010

Stranger @ Bombay Central

I remember writing something about 'Radio Moments' before and I experienced another one last weekend - which is short and sweet, but worth a mention.

I had to drop mom and brother at Bombay Central station and we were tuned into radio, except that it was actually just playing in the background and we were passive listeners. But then I realised how music just seeps into your system without you realising it. When I stepped out to take the luggage out, my head was humming an old hindi number - Uthe Sabke Kadam - and then suddenly a man came out of his car behind us and he was whistling away the tune of the very same song!
In fact I realised that I was singing it in my head only after I heard him whistle it. I looked at him instantly and there it was - a radio connect! :)

I would like to credit the station the two of us were tuned into together- Radio One 94.3... which by the way has improved its music considerably. The bank has been cleaned up and the songs are making much more sense than the earlier mess. Thumbs up to the effort, whoever made it.