Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gaane ka gala mat dabao..

Dear RJs, I know its a problem. I know there are too many ads, too much to communicate and no time at all. But please don't punish my songs for it!

it's not the first time that I am coming across this problem or hear a song being cut randomly in between. When I was on-air - I've struggled with it myself... but now its becoming so rampant, that I felt like writing about it.

I was so enjoying Chhai Chhapa Chhai on a rainy evening and was so singing along - when suddenly the jock must have realised that he needs to play the ads on time and he pulled the song down. As a music manager, I had actually worked out rules in my office to make this as minimal as possible. Because its actually very putting-off. Wrong english, but exactly what I want to say. Putting off. More so, most of the jocks seem to feel listeners don't or won't realise :) ya right.

In any case, some more planning is the simple way out. And its important simply because my primary need to tune in is music. And if that is not being taken seriously or is being mutilated and edited around without aesthetics.. it somehow gives me the impression that my music and I am not important to you. (as a listener) And well, as a radio professional, the only thing thats important is - the listener. Nahi?