Thursday, May 13, 2010

Music to my Ears (and Peers)

I will have to move a step away from radio and talk just about music here. It was something very small that I noticed and felt so overwhelmed with, that I thought I must write about it.
My friend's birthday party was a house party and music was being played by a friend via his laptop. We had the best, latest international hits to groove to, which people were enjoying for sometime. People would come and go off the dance floor. And then, there was a wave of the Rishi-Riches of the world, hip-hop, etc etc.
Then another friend decided to plug in his iPhone. He had a fantastic collection from the 90s. No, not international. This one was pure Bollywood. So, Jaane de jaane de mujhe jaana hai, jumma chumma, saat samandar, deewana mujhsa nahi, khud ko kya samajhti hai.. so on and so forth. And EVERYONE just went MAD!! Everyone was on the dance floor! Even those who were staying away since the beginning. And enjoyed themselves thoroughly.
And guess what the audience demographics here were? Sec A, A+. 20-28yrs old. Male & Female.

Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani? :)