Monday, January 31, 2011

I wanna be the Sunshine Girl..

This blog is dedicated to the maintenance guy in my office who claims to keep the studio temperature @22-23 degrees everyday - but obviously its anywhere below 10!

Every morning I begin with asking them to just shut the freaking AC before I begin the show since I know I cant handle it and then by 9 - I am stuttering into my links since the cold has by now gone and settled into my bones. (dont give me the obvious - oh why dont you wear a jacket? I DO!)

After another round of shouting and dhamkis (I once actually told them I will not do the show) - and then just rushing out at 11 after my last link - ASAP - I RUN outside the office to treat myself to some human conditions. Normal air - normal temperature and some sunshine!

I have in the process fallen in love with the sunshine. I think its got more than just Vitamin D to offer. Some of the things that I get treated to: warmth, love, that feeling of meeting a friend..sometimes feels like you are hugging someone and sometimes feels like someone just rescued you! Then sometimes it soothes your jammed nerves and sometimes just smiles at you. I know - this might mean nothing to people who live in cities like Dubai.. but believe me, try and spend some time with the sun alone on a random morning and it has so much to give you. Silence is beautiful, and with sunshine to go with - well, its just the frosting on the cake.

I do get it when the singer sings..'Ain't no sunshine when she's gone..' - I love that song.. Bill Withers. Do check it out if you havent yet.
And if ever someone says to me - you're my Sunshine Girl.. it would be the best compliment in my life :)

But still - can we please do something about the freaking temperature in the studio!!