Thursday, June 10, 2010

Awesome Mausam - Where were you?

When I tuned in today - it just felt like I was in another city.. and the radio stations belonged somewhere else!

It's Mumbai guys - the monsoons are our biggest event of the year - in a good way AND a bad way. And though 'pre-monsoon' showers have been around - today, it was just one of those first 'rainy' days :) Traffic was bad - time to reach office doubled - people carried umbrellas and wore raincoats - preferred bus to train etc.. and what were you guys talking about?
City - Raavan - Abhishek Bachhan telling us how he is not scared of his wife.
Red - FIFA - aapne football season ke liye kya tayyari ki hai? REALLY?!?! Football season? where are you? Kolkatta or Manchester? Could I please re-phrase it? It should have been MOnsoon ke liye kya tayyari ki hai yaar!! Ghar ki chhat pe daambar karvaya ki nahi? roadside ki chhatri khareedi? - available in polka dots this season (outside stations and traffic signals)
But since the showplan must have been decided a day prior - or there was some client commitment, you will not even look out of the window and smile. Smile with me. Today is the day I didnt sweat and reach office coz it rained! After 3 months of excruciating summer. Celebrate it with me. I am not interested in your FIFA!

Anwyay, content is debatable and I better not get into that debate when I could not even get the music I wanted! Are you guys blind or sleeping? Its raining outside - get the rain-songs out!! I know Dhanno is your high-rotation song. But not this morning! And if the Music Managers cant even do this for the listener.. I mean.. come on guys! This is not TV.. its radio. Its about NOW!
Tip for the teams...Move away from the computer screen, take a cup of tea and look outside the window.